Monday, March 15, 2010

TOMS Shoes


TOMS shoes was founded on the concept of One For One. Basically for every pair of shoes sold, they will donate a pair to a child in need. Great concept, no doubt about it. However, the shoes are a little questionable. I thought they were heinous... at first. But now, either the humanitarian is taking over the fashionista or I've seen them worn enough to think they might actually be cute. I tried on these ugly little ducking shoes about a week ago and wanted a pair the minute my foot touched the utterly comfortable sole. They are SO comfortable, but everyone knows comfort does not equal fashionable, so over the past week I have been asking almost everyone I know their opinion on these shoes. Overall, I have gotten a very positive response, but the general consensus is that there is a time and a place to wear these shoes; possibly with leggings and a long tunic while running errands around town, or jorts and layered tanks in the summer. Regardless of your opinions on their look, you have to agree they are for a great cause, so hopefully I only wear them when appropriate, and hopefully somewhere a needy child is loving their TOMS as much as I am loving mine! I bought these, and I'm seriously considering buying a pair of the glitters... too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment