Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Summer Movies

It's weird that I am anticipating summer movies, seems wrong in a way. Shouldn't I be only anticipating laying in the sun, swimming, and being outside? Why would I want to sit inside a movie theater? Growing up in Texas, summer movies are an escape from the hundred degree heat and almost a necessity on hot afternoons, but Colorado is different. The warm summer days turn into perfectly cool summer nights, and it's hard to justify paying $10 to sit inside during the prime summer months. However, there are a few that outweigh the most beautiful summer day, and will have me gladly handing over the cash to view on the day they come out.

Sex & The City 2
I hate to be completely cliche here, but have you seen the full trailer for Sex & The City 2? My jaw literally dropped and I can't wait to see it (view it here). Aiden is back? Thank You! Finally. By far my favorite of Carrie's boyfriends, and even though I think Big is the perfect match for her, I will never argue with watching John Corbett on the big screen.

Eat, Pray, Love
Another summer movie that I am thrilled to see is Eat, Pray, Love. I have heard many mixed reviews on the book, but I read it and loved it. Sometimes Elizabeth Gilbert's writing can get a little annoying, or lengthy, but overall I think the book has a great message, and a great story line. Seeing Julia Roberts play this part will be great, not to mention James Franco & Javier Bardem.... hawt.

No comments:

Post a Comment