Monday, May 17, 2010

nutritious


I'm finishing up my last classes in summer school, currently taking Nutrition. I am so very surprised by some of the things I am hearing. So I have decided to share a few tips with you.

*Omega 3 is an important part of a healthy diet, however taking fish oils, or eating a lot of fish is not recommended because of the high levels of mercury currently in fish due to pollution. A recommended source is flax seed oil.

*Whole Wheat bread is best (everyone knows that), each slice should contain at least 3 grams of fiber.

*White Rice is considered worse for you than doughnuts because it is pure starch with zero vitamins

mypyramid.gov is a not so boring site with a lot of tips about nutrition and even has a free program to track what you eat, and see how close you come to the daily servings of each food group as well as track your intake of different vitamins and minerals that are important for a healthy, balanced, diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment