Monday, June 14, 2010

summer songs

I love how hearing a song takes you back to a moment, or time in your life. Listening to Faith Hill's Breathe album always takes me back to a road trip my family took to Lake Powell. So random, but I love the way songs attach meanings in your head and can take you back instantly. Last summer I was listening to Heartbreaker by MSTRKRFT & Happy Up Here by Royksopp on repeat. Whenever I hear them I remember driving around in my friend Steffanie's Land Rover, with barely any air conditioning, in anticipation for what the summer night would bring us. This summer, Steffanie has yet to arrive in Boulder, but I'm already trying to figure out what song's will be this summer anthem. Here are a few options...

I And Love And Yous - Avett Brothers
Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Sing Sang Sung - Air
Cooler Tan Me - Mike Posner
Bulletproof (Nacey Remix ft. Matt Hemerlien)

...more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment